Telekom Romania is committed to corporate governance based on the principles of corporate responsibility. It assumes corporate responsibility toward society, integrates economic, ecological and social aspects in its work and decision making processes along its entire value chain, and maintains a regular exchange with its stakeholders. To ensure that our commitment is transformed in action and results, we have connected the Corporate Responsibility with the Board of Directors scope through our Corporate Communication functions.
Corporate Responsibility Governance Areas
With CR governance structure, Telekom Romania ensures that topics related to sustainability are integrated in its key business processes. The Board of Directors grants the overall responsibility for Corporate Responsibility to the CEO, who in turn keeps BoD up to date. Corporate Communication Romania Director is responsible for strategic design and implementation of relevant actions. We have defined the key roles and goals of CR bodies for 6 key business areas as follows:
- Generates sustainable added value;
- Contributes to the inclusion of Telekom Romania in appropriate sustainability indexes and steadily improves its rating and ranking evaluations.
Suppliers and human rights
- Ensures compliance with national and international rules, standards and laws;
- Ensures and actively supports adherence with environmental and social standards and human rights during all stages of the supply chain;
- Manages CR opportunities and risks in the Group’s purchasing process;
- Identifies risks and improvement potential, and develops improvement measures;
- Analyses and evaluates the impact of the ICT industry on society.
Resource and energy efficiency, climate protection
- Develops, implements and reviews the company-wide waste management strategy;
- Improves resource efficiency by providing instructions and recommendations;
- Provides transparency on the company overall environmental footprint and identifies improvement potential;
- Monitors company’s actions with respect to their environmental effectiveness.
- Supports the most vulnerable groups among the population;
- Enables disadvantaged people to participate in the knowledge and information society;
- Supports education initiatives and opportunities via sponsorship, donations and corporate volunteering programs.
Customers and products
- Improves customer satisfaction with sustainability issues;
- Assesses the relevance of product and service sustainability in a dialog with external stakeholders.
Environmental and other management systems
- Establishes framework conditions for environmental performance according to the current relevant standards;
- Evaluates and implements relevant national and international standards on CR aspects;
- Reviews and improves the efficiency of CR related management systems.
CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY COMMITMENTS
Advancing the 10 UN Global Compact Principles
As from May 2015 we have officially adhered to the 10 principles of UN Global Compact and joined the Global Compact Network in Romania. We have gradually implemented the UN Global Compact Principles in our operations and in our compliance system, ensuring that our activity is in line with the principles and respects and advance the principles, internally and externally.
This step forward is not a coincidence. Our company is changing towards a more sustainable business model which already allows us to bring a positive contribution to the progress of Romanian society. The Telekom brand is not just about the image but is more about the way we act in the market, the way we behave and grow together, the way we develop our services.
We have embarked in a journey to materialize in Romania the ITC contribution to sustainable development.
Find out more here
INTEGRATING RESPONSIBILTY INTO OPERATIONS
Integrated Management Systems
We are integrating principles of responsible operation in our management practices, in order to ensure that they are taken into consideration in decision making process in its daily operation.
We have developed a business process model based on eTOM (enhanced Telecom Operations Map) and we implemented integrated management systems in the areas of quality, environment, health and safety, information security, business continuity, service management, risk management and compliance.
Our management systems are coordinated by the Process Management Romania Department and are harmonized with Telekom Romania’s strategic objectives.
Their aim is to support company’s goals by building simple, reliable and efficient processes, designed in partnership with internal customers in an objective, transparent and honest way; to evaluate risks and provide innovative solutions through a unitary model, enabling performance and encouraging change while maintaining control and functionality of our E2E Processes.
During 2015 our management systems goals have been consistently monitored and evaluated. We constantly work to improve our performance and every year we are running in-depth SWOT analysis, external and internal audits for each of the systems to identify our strengths and weaknesses and improve them continuously. All management systems are externally certified.