Part of its corporate responsibility policy, Telekom Romania is developing and implementing awareness rising initiatives for its own employees, its clients and for the general public, to support not just the achievement of its own sustainability performance goals but to support the change of behaviour of general pubic regarding environmental aspects.
Environmental awareness initiatives
In 2015 we have continued to engage our employees and partners on environmental topics through our internal and external communication channels. The most relevant of our initiatives were:
- With the occasion of Earth Hour, through our internal newsletter, we have informed more than 7,000 employees about the importance, benefits and best practices concerning energy saving and we have used our SMS service to urge our clients to save energy
- We have trained 1,950 employees on environmental topics.
- In collaboration with National Society for batteries Recycling (SNRB), we have organized internal communication campaign to promote ecological attitude and selective collection of batteries waste, using internal newsletter and intranet informative materials. Our employees responded by collecting almost 300 kg of used batteries.
- All company‘s shops were distributed flyers with information for customers, regarding electric and electronic equipment waste.
- In partnership with NGOs, we have organized outdoor employee volunteering activities for planting of more than 8,800 trees and maintaining 10h of forest planted in previous years.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Our efforts to contribute to Romania social, ecological and conomical development have been recognized and appreciated by the civil society and our stakeholders. Among other, we have been awarded for our community support campaigns and projects, for our transparent and consistent reporting of nonfinancial data and also for our environmental performances.
Telekom Romania Awards (selection)
Since May 2015, Telekom Romania is a participant in the Global Compact Network Romania, and its CEO is a member of the Steering Committee. Telekom Romania is thus committed to respect the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact.