Document user information about the presence of cookies on the site
The following information are intended to inform the user more about placement, use and administration of “cookies” used by www.responsabilitatetelekom.ro site or other sites in TELEKOM ROMANIA network. Also present some useful links related to this topic. If you need more information, and they are not mentioned below, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please carefully read the information below:
This website uses its own and third parties cookies to provide much better visitor experience and navigation services tailored to the needs and interest of everyone.
In what we call “Web 2.0”, the “cookies” play an important role in facilitating access and delivery of multiple services over the internet user to enjoy such as:
- Customize certain settings such as: language that is viewed a site, the currency in which they express certain prices or rates, keeping options for various products (measures other details etc) in shopping cart (and storing these options) – generating it such flexibility “shopping cart” ( old access preferences by clicking the button “forward” and “back”).
- Cookies respective websites offer valuable feedback on how their sites are used by site visitors so that they can be made more efficient and more accessible to users.
- Allow multimedia or other applications on other sites to be included in a particular site to create a browsing experience more valuable, more useful and more enjoyable;
- Improve the efficiency of online advertising.
What is a “cookie”?
An “Internet Cookie” (a term known as “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or simply “cookie”) is a small file consisting of letters and numbers that will be stored on your computer, handheld or other equipment on which a user accesses the Internet.
The cookie is installed by request issued by a web server to a browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome) and is completely “passive” (does not contain software viruses or spyware and cannot access the information on the hard driver of the user).A cookie consists of 2 parts: name and cookie value content. Furthermore, the length of the existence of a cookie is determined; technically, only the web server which sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated webserver respectively.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information to be used and, in most cases, does not personally identify internet users.
There are two big categories of cookies:
- Session cookies – they are temporarily stored in file cookies of your Web browser for it to store them until the user exits the website in question or close the browser window (e.g. when logging in/logging out a webmail account or social networks).
- Persistent cookies – these are stored on the hard drive of a computer or device (and generally depends default cookie lifetime). Persistent cookies they include those placed by another website than the one you visit the user at the time – known as the “third party cookies” (cookies placed by others) – that can be used anonymously to store a user’s interests, so as to be most relevant advertising delivered to users.
Which are the advantages of cookies?
A cookie contains information that connect a web browser (user) and a web -server specific (website). If a web browser that accesses the server again, it can read information already stored and react accordingly. Cookies provide users a pleasant experience browsing various websites and support efforts to provide users comfortable ex – preferences regarding online privacy, language options on the website, shopping cart or relevant advertising.
What is the lifetime of a cookie?
The cookies are administered by webservers. The lifetime of a cookie can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. Some cookies are used solely for one session (session cookies) and are not retained once the user has left the website and some cookies are retained and reused every time the user returns to that website (‘Cookie permanent sites’). Nevertheless, cookies can be deleted by a user at any time via your browser settings.
What are cookies placed by third parties?
Certain sections of content on some sites may be provided by third parties/suppliers (e.g. news box, a video or an infomercial). These third parties may also place, cookies via the site and they are called “third party cookies” that are placed by the owner of the website in question. Suppliers must respect others also applicable law and the privacy policies of the website owner.
How are used the cookies by this site:
A visit on this site can place cookies in the following purposes:
- Cookies for the performance of the site
- Cookies for analysing the visitors
- Cookies for geotargetting
- Cookies for registration
- Cookies for advertising
- Cookies from the advertising suppliers
- These cookies can be provided by the following third parties: Google, Facebook, SATI, GfK etc.
This type of cookie retains user preferences on this site, so there is no need of setting them at each site visitor.Examples:- Volume settings for video player;- Speed of video streaming that is compatible to the browser.
Cookies for analysing the visitors
These cookies are used by software that establishes where you come from. It is completely anonymous and is only used to target content – even when you are on our website in Romanian or in another language Romanian you receive the same ad.
Cookies for registration
When you register on this site, we generate a cookie that announces us if you are registered or not. Our servers use these cookies to show us the account you are registered with and if you have permission to a particular service. It also allows us to associate any comment that we post on our website with your username. If you have not selected the “Keep me registered” option, this cookie will be automatically deleted when you close the browser or computer.
Cookies for advertising
These cookies allow us to find out whether or not you have viewed an online ad, which type and how much time passed since you saw the advertisement. These cookies we use and to target online advertising. We can use also cookies from a third party, for proper targeting of advertising better to show advertisements about vacant for example, if a user visited the site recently an article about vacations. These cookies are anonymous, they store information about the content viewed, not users. Also, we set cookies and other anonymous sites that have advertising. Receiving them, so we can use to recognize you as a visitor to that site later if you visit our site, we will be able to deliver advertising based on this information.
Cookies of the advertising suppliers
Much of the publicity that you can find on this site belong to third parties. Some of these parties use their anonymous cookies to analyse how many people were exposed to an advertising message, or to see how many people were exposed to the same ad repeatedly. Companies that generate these cookies have their own privacy policies, and this site does not have access to read or write cookies. Cookies those third parties may be used to show advertising Target and other websites, based on your browsing this site. Cookies from the third parties may be used to show advertising Target and other websites, based on your browsing this site.
Other cookies from the third parties
On some pages, others third parties may set their own cookies anonymous, in order to track the success of an application, or to customize an application. Due to the use, this site can access cookies, as third parties cannot access cookies owned by this site. For example, when an article distributed using the social networking site before this, the social network will record your activity.
What type of information is stored and accessible on the cookies?
Cookies stores information in a small text file which allow a website to recognize a browser. The web browser will recognize until it expires or the cookie is deleted. The cookie stores important information that improves Internet browsing experience (e.g. language setting you wish to access a site, keeping a logged in user webmail accounts, online banking security, storage in the shopping cart).
Why are cookies important for Internet?
Cookies are the focus of the efficient operation of the Internet, helping to generate a friendly browsing experience and adapted to each user’s preferences and interests. Refusing or disabling cookies may make some sites impossible to use. Refusing or disabling cookies does not mean you will not receive online advertising – but it will not be able to recognize your preferences and interests, evidenced by browsing behaviour. Examples of important uses of cookies (that do not require user authentication through an account):
- Content and services tailored to user preferences – categories of news, weather, sports, maps, public services and government sites entertainment and travel services.
- Offers tailored to the interests of users – withholding passwords, language preferences (displaying search results in Romanian).
- Withholding child protection filters on Internet content (family mode options, functions Safe Search).
- Limiting the frequency of broadcast commercials – limiting the number of hits an advertisement for a particular user on a website.
- Providing advertising more relevant to users.
- Measurement, optimization and analytics features – such as confirming a certain level of traffic to a website, what type of content is viewed and how a user arrives on a website (e.g. through search engines directly from other websites etc). Developers use these analyses websites to improve their websites for the benefit of users.
Security and problems regarding the confidentiality
Cookies are not viruses! They use plain text formats type. There are composed of pieces of code cannot be executed so neither can self- run. Consequently, you cannot duplicate or replicate on other networks or replica to run again. Because they cannot perform these functions cannot be considered viruses. Cookies can still be used for negative purposes. Since preferences and stores information about users’ browsing history, both on a site and on several other sites, cookies can be used as a form of Spyware. Many anti -spyware products are aware of this and constantly mark the cookies to be deleted in proceedings removal/anti -virus scan/anti -spyware. In general browsers have integrated privacy settings that provide different levels of acceptance of cookies, the validity and erased automatically after the user has visited a particular site. Other aspects of security related cookies. Because the identity protection is very valuable and represents the right of every Internet user, it should know that any problems can create cookies. Because through their constantly transmit information in both directions between browser and website, if an attacker or unauthorized person comes in during data transmission, the information contained in the cookie can be intercepted. Although rare, this can happen if the browser connects to a network server using unencrypted (unsecured Wi-Fi network).
Other cookie -based attacks involve wrong setting of cookies on servers. If a website does not require the browser to use only encrypted channels attackers can use this vulnerability to trick browsers into sending information through unsecured channels. Attackers then use the information for purposes of unauthorized access certain sites. It is very important to be careful in choosing the most suitable method of protecting personal information.
- Customize your browser settings regarding cookies to reflect a comfortable level of security for you using cookies.
- If you do not mind the cookies and are the only person who is utilizing the computer, you can set expiration for long-term storage of browsing history and personal access data.
- If you share access to your computer, you can consider your browser setting to delete individual browsing data every time you close your browser. This is an option to access sites that place cookies and delete any information from visitors browsing session closes.
- Install and update your anti-spyware will constantly.
If you do not mind the cookies and are the only person who are utilizing the computer, you can set expiration for long-term storage of browsing history and personal access data.• If you share access to your computer, you can consider your browser setting to delete individual browsing data every time you close your browser. This is an option to access sites that place cookies and delete any information from visitors browsing session closes.• Install and update your anti-spyware will constantly.
Many applications of detection and prevention of spyware include detecting attacks on the sites.This prevents the browser from accessing websites that may exploiting browser vulnerabilities to download software or dangerous. Make sure that you keep your browser updated. Many cookies are made based attacks exploiting the weaknesses of the old versions of browsers. Cookies are everywhere and cannot be avoided if you want to enjoy access to the best and largest sites on the Internet – local or international. With a clear understanding of how they operate and the benefits they bring can take the necessary security measures, thus, you can surf the Internet with confidence.
How you can stop cookies?
Users can configure the browser to reject cookies. Disabling and refusal to accept cookies can make certain websites visited impassable or difficult to use. Also refusing to accept cookies does not mean you will not receive/view online advertising.
It is possible to set the browser so that cookies will not be accepted or you can set your browser to accept cookies from a particular site. But for example, if you are not using cookies returning Customer, you will not be able to leave a comment.
All modern browsers offer the possibility to change the setting of cookies. These settings typically found in the “Options” menu or “preferences” of your browser. To understand these settings, you can use the “Help” of the browser to find out more (for example, you search the following terms, depending on the browser: Cookies settings in Internet ExplorerCookies settings in Firefox
Cookies settings in Chrome
Cookies settings in Safari
To set cookies generated by third parties can also consult the website: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ro/
If you want to know more information about cookies and what they are used, we recommend the following links:Microsoft Cookies GuideAll about CookiesIAB Romania offers the following site to provide more information on advertising linked to online privacy:
For more details on privacy issues, please visit these links: